Tuesday, April 24, 2007

New House



This picture is our new house, and this is the new remodeling blog. I decided to try and keep life separate from remodeling, although at some point they will become one and the same for me (just not necessarily for the readers).
We closed on the house yesterday, and yesterday was Day 1 of the remodeling. The picture below is our soon-to-be dining / sitting room. I wanted a picture before the carpet was gone, but Dave was too quick for me. What will we do to this room?
The plan is to pull up the carpet (check) and refinish the hardwoods. Then I will paint and hang new curtains that aren't quite so ugly and old-people-smelly. It also needs an overhead light fixture. Basically, the half of the room by the windows will have nice, but comfy, chairs and a table for sitting and reading, chatting, etc. The other half will have the dining room furniture. It's the nicest room in the house, so it's worthy of the antique dining room suite, but I hated to waste all the good light from the windows, so it gets a sitting area too. At least that's the plan right now. It just may be a while before we find the sitting area furniture...
So, that's day one. Day two will consist of pulling the staples out of the hardwood in preparation for refinishing. Not very exciting, I know. We are also refinishing the floors in the upstairs bedrooms, so I'll post pictures of them later.

No comments: