Thursday, April 26, 2007

A couple more pictures..


This is the guest room. I apologize for the blur, it was dark and my camera batteries were low so I was trying to hurry. We are going to keep this color for now because we both like it - it's a slate blue, not quite as baby blue as it looks here. We have already pulled up the carpet. By the way, this is the same carpet that was in the living/dining room. I really like this room because it has three good windows overlooking the backyard.


This is the master bedroom (for now). We will be painting it a cinnamon color to compliment our brown and khaki bedding and curtains. The carpet in this room is gone now, too. There is a very small bathroom with a shower off of this room (below), and of course, the tile is pink. For now, it will stay that way, but eventually I will redo it. The shower pan appears to be in bad shape, but I won't know if it leaks until we use it a few times.



I took this picture of the hallway to show what the hardwoods look like. After pulling up the carpet in the bedrooms and the dining room, we found that the hardwoods under the carpet are slightly darker than this. We also found that they are in pretty good shape, and our friends think we can get away with a good cleaning, buffing them, and putting a new coat of polyurethane on top. If this is what we do, we'll just live with two shades of hardwood, because we'd have to sand them all to get the same color. I don't want to sand if I don't have to because of the time and the mess it will create.
So far, we've removed all the carpet and carpet pad, all the staples that secure the carpet pad, and all of the carpet tack boards. We've started scraping the remaining carpet pad off the floor to prep for cleaning, but that will take some time. The plan for tonight is to do just that. I hope to be scrubbing the floors by this weekend. The power was turned on yesterday, so we are able to work later now and get more accomplished.
As you can see from a couple of the pictures above, The George has been helping with the remodeling. She has had to stay in the backyard for the last two nights because there were too many nails and tacks in the floor for her to be running around, but I'll let her come in tonight. She seems to like the new house and she's sniffed every inch of it, I think.

No comments: